Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Keeping at home P/T

Options
  • 22-05-2015 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,

I am just looking for some advise. I am just wondering what exactly do u need to do in order to do book keeping at home..ie, what forms do you as the book keeper send back or what requirements are asked of you?

I have completed a payroll and book keeping course and in the middle of doing the Accounting Technicians course.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Mrs P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jamama

You just have to become registered as being self employed (= registered for income tax) with revenue by completing a tr1 form. I think revenue require you to do this online now.you may need to register for ros. If not just download the form from the revenue website fill it out and send it back to them.
    Going forward you will have to complete a f11 income tax return every year before 31st October (or approx 14th nov if filing it online).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Not trying to be mean, but if you need to come on here to ask those questions then you probably aren't ready for preparing people's books for them...

If you make a balls of someone's VAT return through inexperience, will you cover the interest & penalty...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mrspixiebell

Thanks for your replies,

As i mentioned in the original post i am just in the middle of an accounting technicians course and I am just looking at my options for work before I apply for a job or whether to continue on as I am and go to set up as a sole trader in the end. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciate it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Honestly. I think you should consider getting through your exams first and then concentrate on getting the relevant experience afterwards before you even consider going it alone.

Just sayin;)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

I would agree with all of the above I did the Accounting Technician course and set up my own part time business. This was only after working in an accounting role for two years there is no way you would be equipped to start bookkeeping straight away with no real life experience you need to concentrate on finishing your exams and getting a position to gain experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement