Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair / Dublin airport check-in query

Options
  • 22-05-2015 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi we usually travel out of Cork but this year we are talking a flight from Dublin on Sunday morning at 9.30 am
    I am wondering how much time to allow myself and if the Ryan air departures are along walk. We will have checked in on line and we would also like to eat breakfast. Would you get through security in 30 mins I was thinking that if we arrived at 8 we would be in plenty of time
    Also where can you get a good breakfast in the airport and would it be a long walk to Ryan air dept gate
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No, arriving at 8am is cutting it too close, especially if you want to have a proper, sit down, hot breakfast. The morning is the airports busiest time. The Garden Terrace restaurant is just after you go thru security. It is upstairs, but you'll see signs for it. There are loads of other places to get a coffee and a muffin, but that is where you'll get a proper Full Irish. It is a good 15 walk from security to the Ryanair gates. I'd get to the airport no later than 7.30. Even with that, you may find yourself having to rush through your brekkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I always get there 2 hours before a flight, You can take it handy and get something to eat without having to rush around at any stage.
    That Garden Terrace is an absolute ripoff for breakfast by the way, you won't have much change from a tenner for a small, greasy fry, you'd be as well off grabbing a Whopper meal across the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭coleen

Thanks for that.I will go for two hours in advance so we won't have any panic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Yes, It can be a busy time at security, it might be worth buying the priority service at security.

Fast Track Terminal 1 - Fast Track
    Go through the Fast-Track Boarding Pass Channel and receive flight updates via SMS with a free tea or coffee. It’s about peace of mind and having a bit of extra time to relax before your flight.

for 6 Euro per person.

http://www.airportgenie.com/home.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

would highly recommend the airport genie, especially in the morning time as security can be quiet busy....Its well worth the E6....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭coleen

Just to say we stayed in the Carlton and it was perfect .also we did use airport genie and it was worth the money. So thanks for the advice

Advertisement