Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oh....no budget surplus!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Think the government isn't doing too bad of a job really. John Key is a very competent minister on the economic front in my opinion if only he could keep his hands off waitress's hair lol. The decline in milk payout has to be a driving factor in the budget results which I haven't took much interest in really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Mix of good and bad really. The budget was pretty surprising really- a lot of Labour's thunder was stolen I reckon. As for the economy- hugely dependent on dairy exports at the expense of the environment, and a big fat housing bubble in Auckland just waiting to pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Being in Taranaki you can really see the change. Dairy has taken a huge hit and oil and gas has stopped. Still plenty of current working but everything new has been shelved for the short term, lots of layoffs.

The drop against the USD hasn't exactly helped either.

I also agree the Akl housing bubble is an issue, with seemingly, no solution... no one is willing to act decisively and implement anything which will slow it down one way or the other.

Advertisement