Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC and well-being

Options
  • 21-05-2015 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Has the LC affected anyone else really mentally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Never affected my mental health.
    However everyone is different.

If you are under stress then take a break, get some air, exercise and drink some water. Make sure to get enough sleep too.

If you feel like it is having an affect on you mentally then make sure to talk to someone about it. A problem shared is a problem halved.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

It strengthened me mentally if anything. Gave me huge focus, and allowed me to create a routine. It forced me to sleep well also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Whatever career path or exams you do/take in life, always remember that your health is number 1. You shouldn't be putting yourself under any unnecessary stress for anything, life is too short and it's not worth it. In some respects you have to take it as it comes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A certain amount of anxiety and doubt is normal, but the Leaving Cert. is SO NOT WORTH serious mental health issues.

There are other paths of entry to almost any course, there is the option of repeating, there is mature entry. It is not worth becoming seriously ill over.

People (and sometimes their parents unwittingly) put so much pressure on themselves.

It doesn't matter what your sister/brother/neighbour got.
    It doesn't matter what the rest of the class get.
    Your teacher will not think less of you no matter what grade you get.
    The rest of the world has other things to pay attention to.

Advertisement