Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education

Options
  • 21-05-2015 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm currently receiving Jobseeker's Allowance and have been for a number of years. I believe that I qualify for the BTEA and I start a course in September. I have already sent my application to my local office to get approved for the BTEA. However, I've had different opinions on what will happen in the meantime. Some have said that I'll continue to receive Jobseeker's Allowance until my course begins in September and then the BTEA will come into effect. Others have told me that, once I'm approved for BTEA, I'll no longer receive any money from social welfare and will have nothing until I receive the BTEA in September. Can you give me a definitive answer on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

12xu wrote: »
    I'm currently receiving Jobseeker's Allowance and have been for a number of years. I believe that I qualify for the BTEA and I start a course in September. I have already sent my application to my local office to get approved for the BTEA. However, I've had different opinions on what will happen in the meantime. Some have said that I'll continue to receive Jobseeker's Allowance until my course begins in September and then the BTEA will come into effect. Others have told me that, once I'm approved for BTEA, I'll no longer receive any money from social welfare and will have nothing until I receive the BTEA in September. Can you give me a definitive answer on this?

I think a more definite answer would be from the DSP rather than here.
    You can give them a call, but generally you change to BTEA when you start college.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Mrs cockett

I don't see how you could be left with nothing from now until September.Good on you taking up a course

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

you won't be left with nothing.
    the jsa payment will continue until the BTEA payment kicks in when college commences.
    i'm asuming you have or will have to furnish a college start date to the SW. applying for the BTEA soon is necessary as they need to determine whether the course is suitable for the payment.

best of luck with college.

Advertisement