Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Darts Factor - tv show

Options
  • 20-05-2015 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

http://www.protege-events.com/news/the-darts-factors
    Team Protege will 'Showcase' some of The Darts Factor(S) in a forthcoming 12 part TV series to discover the next Superstar of Darts!

On 20th May 2015, the eve of The Betway Premier league Finals 2015, a new, ruthless judge will hit the TV screens, caring not who he offends or who he pleases, as the first episode of The Darts Factor broadcasts on Showcase, Sky Channel 192. The episode will then be repeated the following night directly after The Premier League has been completed... As the senior Premier League participants hang up their 'touring' Darts for a while, a new breed of stars will emerge. The first episode will see players queue up to audition to make it in to the Cream of the Crop to compete against the best Under 23 year-olds Darts has to offer.

Their walk-on song will be ready (they chose the correct one, right?) Throwing arm loosened (or can you feel it stiffening up?) and mouths will not have dried up (they hope) so they can sell themselves to the judges - tell them exactly why they should be in the #PYPL 2015; and when called to the room, each player will enter The Darts Factor 2015!

Saturday the 9th May will be audition day, when potentially hundreds of applicants are whittled down to just 32.

On Sunday a tournament will take place, as well as other "out of the comfort zone" activities such as media interviews / team building / another sport perhaps and by the end of Sunday afternoon, only 20 players will remain, based on results of matches and the character they have shown in the other tasks: a Dart player has to have personality and engage with his/her audience...or they will not put bums on seats and sell tickets.

What happens on the Sunday evening.... all will have to wait and see!

I'm not sure if I have showcase channel, looking for it now. From this article it sounds like its on sports after the darts tomorrow night but in my listings ringside is on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Mardle will be creaming himself if one of these makes it onto sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Cheers buster. I thought the wee lad Holmes' father said "He's like marmite, you either love him or hate him" lol but I think he meant darts. I'm not in favor of allowing kids to scrap their studies to concentrate on a sport...its far too difficult to become a professional at any sport even if at 15 you are talented. Good luck to him, hope it works out for him.

Did anyone get to see the show? Unfortunatly I don't get sky showcase but I'll see if this turns up online and post the link

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

I wouldn’t be in favour of this at all to be honest. I think the player how wins it will be under enormous pressure right from the start.

I would rather the players come through the youth system the PDC have and gain experience from that rather than some TV show.

If you look at Van Gerwin, he won the World Masters at 16/17 and everybody was expecting great things from him in the end I think the pressure got to him and it took a long time for him to regain his form. James Hubbard would be another player who won the PDC world youth championships and has not lived up to the hype (it dosent help when you have Rod Harrington reminding him every chance he gets).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Episode 1

For some reason the other episodes seem to be split into different parts but you can find them here

https://www.youtube.com/user/RufusMedia/videos

Advertisement