Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing Hours in CID

Options
  • 20-05-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, Looking for advice please. I'm on my third year in the same school and have just applied for my CID with the help of my principal. However I'm not on full hours, hours have recently been advertised in my subject (job share) in my school. Can anyone tell me do I have any entitlement to these hours? Would really appreciate anyone in the know to advise me. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Whether you are entitled I'm not sure but I know principals are advised to fill up current staff's hours first. Best to check with your union.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Firstly you can get the hours but they wouldn't be reckonable for your cid as the are jobshare and the teacher will probably come back.

Secondly, assuming its 11 hours that's coming up, you might not be able to take them all along with your own. Thus isn't your fault or a major problem but it might make it difficult to get a new teacher in the subject for 3 or 4 hours.

Thirdly, if you are involved in a core subject such as English or science where classes are banded there may be a need for 5 or 6 teachers across a band. If you teach back to back like that you can't fill the hours of the other teacher.

Without the detail it is hard to know. I would say ask the principal!!

Advertisement