Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about PLC

Options
  • 20-05-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello So im kinda new to this whole idea of plc course
    and have no idea .
    What is a plc course? and the advantages ?
    Will it effect a college i apply? and can i use the points of my LC to enter? or my PLC ?

I am doing Computing Course in PLC ( In a year ) or maybe might go to college straight away?
    Is there any advantages? of doing a plc?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Ulugbek wrote: »
    Hello So im kinda new to this whole idea of plc course
    and have no idea .
    What is a plc course? and the advantages ?
    Will it effect a college i apply? and can i use the points of my LC to enter? or my PLC ?

I am doing Computing Course in PLC ( In a year ) or maybe might go to college straight away?
    Is there any advantages? of doing a plc?

A PLC (Further Education) college offers one year courses at Level 5 FETAC. Third Level (IT or University) starts at Level 6 or 7).

You can do a Level 5 course and either use the qualification to get a job, or, depending on the college you attend, use the qualifications to get a place in Third Level. Each college develops it own links with individual local colleges, so you have to check it out with the college you are thinking of going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭WestportCFE

PLC or Further Education Colleges offer courses at Level 5 and Level 6. Each level is one year in duration. The advantages are you can sample a subject area for a year to see if you like it. Most courses have work experience so you can also see if you would like a career in this area.

There are up to 400 points on offer from plc courses so it can serve as a route into Level 6, 7 or 8 courses in third level colleges. The links are nationally available and you can use your FETAC points to apply via the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ulugbek

Oh thanks guys! :D it cleared questions for me :3

Advertisement