Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beast of the East 2015?

Options
  • 20-05-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this is happening this year? The old Lough Dan course was good but last year's out of Glendalough was epic.

Anyone hear any whispers from down Wickla way? Their website gives me the disappoints...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

cjt156 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is happening this year? The old Lough Dan course was good but last year's out of Glendalough was epic.

Anyone hear any whispers from down Wickla way? Their website gives me the disappoints...

No it won't be going ahead in 2015, i was speaking to the 2014 race director on Sunday and he said they hope to run it again 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mr Tony Stark

Ah what ???? That was my favourite race last year. I was really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

That's a real shame. Last year's race was amazing. Time to review the calendar!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Heard they were shooting for an Aquathon at the same location this year to bridge to 2016 when it's hoping to be back as a full tri - any one confirm?

Top notch race last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Heard they were shooting for an Aquathon at the same location this year to bridge to 2016 when it's hoping to be back as a full tri - any one confirm?

Top notch race last year.

Last year's race director definitely looked into this option but I believe it's been ruled out now as it just wasn't feasible unfortunately. I'd have loved to have given it a go myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Last year's race director definitely looked into this option but I believe it's been ruled out now as it just wasn't feasible unfortunately. I'd have loved to have given it a go myself!

Yep with the level of detail he went into for the race there's no doubt if he could have done it he would have. One of the best race directors i've worked with over the years !

Advertisement