Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S5 screen (glass) repair

Options
  • 20-05-2015 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi guys

My S5 fell out of my pocket recently and the screen cracked. It's only the glass that's broken. The LCD works fine. I was just wondering if only the glass can be replaced and not the whole LCD? Would any shops do just the glass? I rang a couple of places and they said they only do the whole thing.

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

scuderia wrote:
    My S5 fell out of my pocket recently and the screen cracked. It's only the glass that's broken. The LCD works fine. I was just wondering if only the glass can be replaced and not the whole LCD? Would any shops do just the glass? I rang a couple of places and they said they only do the whole thing.

Unfortunately lcd and glass are single units in s5 !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭scuderia

tharmor wrote: »
    Unfortunately lcd and glass are single units in s5 !!

Cool thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

no they are not, mobile phone doctor , newcastle galway repaired my s5 for 90€-new glass only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭scuderia

chris1970 wrote: »
    no they are not, mobile phone doctor , newcastle galway repaired my s5 for 90€-new glass only

Still a crazy price for just the glass.

Advertisement