Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channels not streaming

Options
  • 20-05-2015 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, asking this question on behalf of my dad (I'm into the other lot so this is way out of my experience).

He has an under TV box that has something called "Modro" (I Think) on it that streams live TV channels from the US (wish Apple had something like this).

Recently, a lot of the channels stopped streaming & He's wondering how to get them back or is there an alternative app?

Appreciate any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

unfortunately its illegal , mods will just delete the thread and or replies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

dont know anything about modro.

have a google of kodi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Well the illegality is actually far from clear. But it may be open to civil law and we all know this is feared like nothing else here.

watching stations that should be payed for,for free .
    sounds a bit stealy to me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

donegal. wrote: »

Alot of channels on it are fta

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Alot of channels on it are fta

only in certain territories.

the american stations the OP is looking for will only have bought the rights to show the programs in certain territories. (not ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

He watches the likes of good morning America and some of the daytime chat shows, nothing that would be subscription based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

donegal. wrote: »

'Sounds a bit' ye, which is far from clear. 'Illegal' and civil law are too different things. Just because someone can sue you over something and may potentially get damages awarded doesn't necessarily make it illegal.

This is going into semantics but you're not actually stealing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Boskowski wrote: »
    'Sounds a bit' ye, which is far from clear. 'Illegal' and civil law are too different things. Just because someone can sue you over something and may potentially get damages awarded doesn't necessarily make it illegal.

This is going into semantics but you're not actually stealing anything?

regardless of legalities or semantics you wont get an answer on here. mods lock stuff like this down and delete threads because a word or pointers can lead to all sorts of hassle for them and these threads are started every couple of days.
    a quick search on google will point you towards if watching shows out of region is ok, for instance up until a few month ago, ex - pats couldnt watch the late late toy show but rte allow it now. but that m app is a no go to talk about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement