Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card issue

Options
  • 20-05-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Been having issues trying to get a couple of games working, would appreciate some assistance.

So 6 months ago i bought Star Wars Empire at War on steam. But when i launched the game i would only get a black screen with an "invalid format" message dancing around on my 47' LG television i use. I could hear the menu sound so the game was running ok. After a bit of googling getting me nowhere and messing around with resolutions i gave up.

Today i installed ARMA and same thing, black screen on startup with sound. Google led me to someone suggesting launching in windowed mode which i tried and the game worked. I then tried this with Star Wars and it also worked. Once i was in Star Wars I was able to increase the resolution to my native 1920x1080 fine, although still in windowed mode. With ARMA i can drag the window edges across to increase it...but i'd really prefer not to play these games in Windowed mode.

Anyone any suggestions. Im using a Radeon HD 5700 drivers up to date.

Cheers

Advertisement