Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm taking a career break - advice

Options
  • 20-05-2015 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

I'm taking a year out.

I'm just trying to think of loose ends before I go and want advice. Can anybody think of anything other than the following?

Pay my teaching council.

Pay my pension contributions.

Can't let my vhi lapse or I'll be returning as a new customer.

Anybody have experience of career breaks and any other things I've missed?

Any and all input welcomed :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Associate membership of union, if available.
    Any other DAS things you have, make sure the switch over is smooth. Similarly coming back.

The time flies, next thing it will be Feb/March and you'll be considering going for a second year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

What's das?

Ah yes, union fees is a good one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DAS - sorry, Deduction at Source - union, sometimes, credit union, health insurance etc.. There's often only certain months it can be joined/left and you would have to write a cheque (do they still do cheques?) for the difference, or be out of benefit/have a break in membership

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

AVCs if you pay into one and have it deducted at source. best thing would be to look at the deductions on your payslip and make a list.

Advertisement