Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondello Duathlon

Options
  • 20-05-2015 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Anyone on here doing this tonight ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mr Tony Stark

Did it last night. Disappointed because it was draft so no TT bike. Had to ride the old donkey around Mondello!!!!!!!.

My opinion regarding the draft was it allowed the leaders to whizz away from you in groups. While I hammered away into the wind solo. Then they whizzed by again. And again!

Its a personal thing but I dont like drafting, and groupettos.

Would have really liked to kick on the Mondello track with the TT bike though, but I understand why not.

Well done to the marshals with the Kids race, it was hard to keep track of everyone. Great little race.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

I was in the exact same boat as yourself with my rubbish road bike. Was quite sick when I seen people had turned up with my tri bike minus the bars basically.

Didn't get to draft anyone all race. Drafting is a load of ****e unless your really fast and can keep up with the leaders. Hope TI never go down that route.

No idea why TT Bikes aren't allowed. Turns aren't that tight :/ You get result yet by anychance?

I think its because TT bikes are unsafe for drafting due to brake position. Maybe not. I have completed several Team Time Trials and they were fine, I acknowledge it is completely different, but hey ho.

I was the guy who sounded like the motorbike but wasnt the motorbike. Winter bike blues. There was some sertious weaponery there though. I aslo was beside a beautiful Giant propel, which as you say is my tt bike minus bars.

Magic to race on the track though.

I think its because TT bikes are unsafe for drafting due to brake position. Maybe not. I have completed several Team Time Trials and they were fine, I acknowledge it is completely different, but hey ho.

I was the guy who sounded like the motorbike but wasnt the motorbike. Winter bike blues. There was some serious weaponry there though. I also was beside a beautiful Giant propel, which as you say is my tt bike minus bars.

Magic to race on the track though.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

TT bars + drop bars in a group are a dangerous combo. Thats what I have been told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

I was in the exact same boat as yourself with my rubbish road bike. Was quite sick when I seen people had turned up with my tri bike minus the bars basically.

Didn't get to draft anyone all race. Drafting is a load of ****e unless your really fast and can keep up with the leaders. Hope TI never go down that route.

No idea why TT Bikes aren't allowed. Turns aren't that tight :/ You get result yet by anychance?

I disagree did it myself last night ...
    Quite like the draft legal racing .. If you can get people to join a group !!!.. Passed a good few guys and tried to get them into a group to work but they weren't interested .. They perfered to battle the wind in there own... So ended up with just me and another guy who worked hard with me for 5 laps ...
    As I am aware the new super series is draft legal

Advertisement