Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Edward St?

Options
  • 20-05-2015 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi

A friend of mine is looking at buying a house in Lord Edward Street. If anyone has any experience of living in the area, would love to hear from them. I understand that like all places in the city centre there is going to be opportunistic crime from time to time, car broken into if something is left on view etc. More an overall experience is what I am asking about.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Souness wrote: »
    Hi

A friend of mine is looking at buying a house in Lord Edward Street. If anyone has any experience of living in the area, would love to hear from them. I understand that like all places in the city centre there is going to be opportunistic crime from time to time, car broken into if something is left on view etc. More an overall experience is what I am asking about.

Thanks in advance
    Haven't lived their but I have friends who have. It's a reasonable area a bit on the rough side. You are getting very close to the hyde road / weston which is a tough neighbourhood so you'd have more than your fair share of passing trouble. Around the train station can be a dodge as well.

It'll be slightly worse than normal if you catch my drift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I live just by that way. Dont bother is all I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Used to be a great area until they built the student village across from the main gate of Sarsfield barracks its now a nite-mare with drunken students...

Vandalism is rife on the street as its mostly on street parking, you will need a parking disc to park there as traffic wardens do visit the street regularly, a lot of cars have been damaged, wing mirrors broken etc..
    I wouldn't blame people from Hyde road or Weston as has been suggested earlier but it can be a contributing factor.

its a shame as I used to Love living on the street and had fantastic neighbors, but I would not recommend it to anyone not from the area.

However close amenity to the train station and the peoples park and walking distance to town does have its plus sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Souness

Thanks for the replies. The lad who is thinking of buying there is not from Limerick but has lived in other parts of the city for over 10 years. There is off street parking with the house.but from what is being said the area is messy. This would explain the reasonable house prices.

Advertisement