Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharpening

Options
  • 19-05-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing it right or wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

delaney001 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I'm doing it right or wrong?

Two more

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Looks good to me. Its all about experimenting and finding what works for you. Plus loads of practice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Is it a spindle gauge ? You will get less ridging using a standard roughing out gauge. The main thing is to have one clean bevel and that's down to your technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

It's a bowl gouge. Looks pretty good. One consistent bevel. For bowls you may need to grind away the heel of the bevel

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Thanks for all the replies. Ya it's a bowl gouge. I was thinking that about the heel, that's easy done. Was just wondering if ye thought the angle looked right on it. The consistency of the edge is due to a jig I made over the weekend for using on a 8" slow speed grinder. So half free hand sharpening!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement