Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to go into English teaching and maybe Business Studies?

Options
  • 19-05-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hello There,
    So I have a problem:
    1. I am NOT doing Higher English because my teacher won't let me (:rolleyes:)
    2. I need 340 points to do an arts degree and I don't know if i will get that many points :(
    I am aware that you need 2 higher level subjects for an arts degree which should be okay.

However, I am doing Higher Level Business , What would be the best grade to try and get if I wanted to go into Business teaching?
    What course/college do I need to get into?
    Is it hard to get into teaching in Ireland?
    What do you all think?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

The only way of qualifying through an arts degree for English and BS will be to study English and Economics. If you are doing OL English you will struggle with English in college.

It is an unusual combination and you are unlikely to get a job with those two subjects unless you are exceptional.

Advertisement