Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student

Options
  • 19-05-2015 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hello,

I'm going back studying come September. I was wondering is there any difference in fees if I go back as a mature student as to going through on my leaving cert points. I went to college before and dropped out as the course wasn't for me and now that I'm going back ive to pay full fees for year one because I went through first year already. Is this the same case with applying as a mature student? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated as it's difficult getting the money together. If no one has any answers could ye possibly point me on the right direction otherwise?

Kind regards.
    Peter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

It makes no difference to the amount whether you are applying as a dependent or a mature student, but it may make a difference to the rate of grant and maintenance you may receive when you are eligible for the grant.

It must have a gap of 3 years or more in your studies and be over 23 on the 1st of January of the relevant year to change from dependent to mature independent.

Advertisement