Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you're into watches when.....

Options
  • 19-05-2015 12:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd start a light hearted thread on the little personality quirks of people who are into watches. Don't be embarrassed, it might be good to know that you're not the only one. So here's mine:

When you check the old magazines in a doctor's waiting room for interesting watch ads:pac:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

When the wife leaves the house and I head upstairs with the iPad for some "special time" and end up just looking at watches instead....

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

When the wife keeps saying "why do you bother looking at watches you can't afford all the time. Here is the argos catalogue"

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

When somebody tells you that they've just bought a Porsche and you ask if it was made by IWC, Orfina or Eterna.

Apologies - I think I've posted this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When you miss what someone is saying because you're trying to catch what's on their wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Your estimation of a person goes up when you notice they have a real watch.
    And conversely goes down if someone asks you is yours a fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

You know your wrist size but no other body measurement :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

someone asks you "Have you got a problem?" when you are staring sideways at them trying to see the name on the Dial :o

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

When you absentmindedly try to handwind a quartz watch. Yep.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭893bet

If you fall or stumble you instinctive protect your left wrist incase you damage your watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Manchester United get drawn against Basel in the Champions League and you start thinking about new watches.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

You have to get the post before your OH, or, you now use your work address, for ebay/paypal and then smuggle 'stuff' home.

I read a book about antique tractor restoration and to keep things simple the advice was to only specialize in one particular model of tractor. This way whenever a new one arrived you could (honestly) say ''it's just spare parts for that one over there''.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

valoren wrote: »
    Manchester United get drawn against Basel in the Champions League and you start thinking about new watches.

Actually took a Job working for a company as they were based in Basel...

Left 3 months ago....Miss flying into Zurich

• Registered Users Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭flutered

Wibbs wrote: »
    When you absentmindedly try to handwind a quartz watch. Yep.
    a few times i got a nice watch online very cheaply because it was advertised as needing a battery, when all it required was a good shake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

You browse and buy straps with no particular watch in mind for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

You are channel hopping and stop on babestation to try to identify her watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

When you are getting your eyes tested and end up having a 20 minute conversation with the optician about his watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭emo72

rwbug wrote: »

Well played. Noted for future reference.

rwbug wrote: »

They wear watches...errrr....and what is this Babestaion you speak of ??

Advertisement