Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplementary Registration Question

Options
  • 19-05-2015 9:44am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So i got my name on the supplementary registry, but I've not received anything in the post to tell me where i'm supposed to vote. I confirmed with the Dublin City franchise house guys that i am on it the registar, but i can't see my name on the checktheregister.ie yet.

Should i have received something in the post about what to do? I've never voted before, so I've no idea where i'm supposed to go. And do you need to go at a specific time.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Kiith wrote: »
    So i got my name on the supplementary registry, but I've not received anything in the post to tell me where i'm supposed to vote. I confirmed with the Dublin City franchise house guys that i am on it the registar, but i can't see my name on the checktheregister.ie yet.

Should i have received something in the post about what to do? I've never voted before, so I've no idea where i'm supposed to go. And do you need to go at a specific time.
    When did you last check the site? It was very recently updated with the supplementary register details. I found mine there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 michealsad

If they have confirmed that you are on the register, relax, just call them back and ask what polling station you need to go too.

There is no set time to vote. I think (I could be wrong) they are open from 7am -10pm. If you dont have your card you can show up with a government issued Photo ID or Student card and still vote.

Supplementary voting cards were mailed on Monday and Today so maybe it will come tomorrow ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i checked this morning and i still don't show, which is what got me a bit worried. The woman from the Dublin City Franchise house confirmed i was on it at my current address though, so it should be fine. I'll see if it's arrived when i get home today, and call them tomorrow if i need to.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

don't worry if you don't receive a polling card - you can vote once you have proof of id & address, so all you need to find out is where your polling station is.

You may be able to find it here: https://www.dublincityreturningofficer.com/2012_fiscal_stability_treaty_referendum/poll-scheme.php

If in doubt contact whatever section in Dublin City Council you've already been on to or
    Dublin City Returning Officer

Dublin City Sheriff's Office
    13 Fownes Street,
    Dublin 2.

Tel: 00 353 (01) 6759003 / 6759004 / 6759005
    Fax: 00 353 (01) 6703021

Email : info@dublincityreturningofficer.com

& ask what the polling station for your address is.

Advertisement