Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which version do you perfer? Lisbon Tram

Options
  • 19-05-2015 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Photo is of one of the famous trams in Lisbon. It's taken on a night out with a smartphone. While not a beautiful photo for me it captured the spirit of a holiday, a memory from a good holiday.
    Which version do you prefer please? The PP is just some different filters in Flickr.

1. Original
    17661274938_d94081f4e3_c.jpg

17661689590_f8cf7616d2_c.jpg

17846576482_1b14f9ccb9_c.jpg

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

first one. the second looks too artificial, and the colours are niced and muted in the first so the B&W conversion doesn't change it all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I really like the black and white version

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

None of them, really. First looks a little stark, second is over-cooked and third; well I don't really like black and white unless the subject really calls for it.

I'd start with the top one and make it a little moodier: a bit darker, slightly higher contrast and maybe play with the saturation a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Snap!!

w3qL5pe.jpg

IjMyv7w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

none are what i would output.

For the first one, its too flat, too desaturated. needs a little contrast & clarity increase at a minimum.
    second one doesnt do anything.
    the B&W one needs some tonal adjustments. convert to B&W and then reduce the pink/red channel, and the blue channel to make the tram jump out of the image.

Weather to leave in color or go B&W, really depends on the processing and how you want your image to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

I think this shot would have worked far better in portrait. There were lots of opportunities to really use leading lines. Obviously you can't transport yourself back there, but i'd have taken a few steps left and made more of the two guys sitting down on the path too.

Advertisement