Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible to install Apps!

Options
  • 19-05-2015 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I just bought a brand new Xperia Z3 Compact. I wanted to install the same Apps that I had on the previous phone, but it seems it's impossible!
    The data is enabled, wi-fi is enabled. I can browse and surf the web, I can send and receive emails with GMail, my account is active.
    I only got to download one single App successfully yesterday, so I thought it was easy to install all the others.
    Now I would like to install three or four more Apps, among them WhatsApp and Dropbox, nothing strange.
    I enter the Play Store, find the App, click Install, I also grant the access to the resources needed for those Apps, but then the green bar runs up and down for hours and nothing happens.
    I am Italian and live in Italy, with an Italian provider, don't know whether this can be a problem for you to help me, but I am more prone to think it's a setting issue or something like that.

I have already opened a new thread on an Italian forum but they are a little slow at replying, so I'm here as well!

I would really appreciate a bit of help here, thanks a billion in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Hi all,
    I just bought a brand new Xperia Z3 Compact. I wanted to install the same Apps that I had on the previous phone, but it seems it's impossible!
    The data is enabled, wi-fi is enabled. I can browse and surf the web, I can send and receive emails with GMail, my account is active.
    I only got to download one single App successfully yesterday, so I thought it was easy to install all the others.
    Now I would like to install three or four more Apps, among them WhatsApp and Dropbox, nothing strange.
    I enter the Play Store, find the App, click Install, I also grant the access to the resources needed for those Apps, but then the green bar runs up and down for hours and nothing happens.
    I am Italian and live in Italy, with an Italian provider, don't know whether this can be a problem for you to help me, but I am more prone to think it's a setting issue or something like that.

I have already opened a new thread on an Italian forum but they are a little slow at replying, so I'm here as well!

I would really appreciate a bit of help here, thanks a billion in advance!

One thing to try would be to log in to the play store from a computer and see if it's possible to send them to your phone from there.

It doesn't solve your immediate problem I know, the only time that it's happened to me has been when there are connection issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Edit:
    whoops, mis read the op phone model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

One thing to try would be to log in to the play store from a computer and see if it's possible to send them to your phone from there.

It doesn't solve your immediate problem I know, the only time that it's happened to me has been when there are connection issues.

I told you that you would have been faster at replying :)
    I tried as you adviced, I logged in, the profile sees my three devices (my old smartphone without SIM at the moment, my Tablet and this new phone with the label "no carrier", unlike the others two with the name of my provider).
    It says it will send and install the App shortly, but it doesn't happen.
    The phone is still on the net, email and internet work fine... :(

I told you that you would have been faster at replying :)
    I tried as you adviced, I logged in, the profile sees my three devices (my old smartphone without SIM at the moment, my Tablet and this new phone with the label "no carrier", unlike the others two with the name of my provider).
    It says it will send and install the App shortly, but it doesn't happen.
    The phone is still on the net, email and internet work fine... :(
    It's a strange one. Have you had any error messages about Google play services? If you go to settings>application manager and find Google play services, then clear the cache. In fact while you're in there find Google play store and clear the cache on that and force stop it. Then go back into the Google play app and see if you can download anything.

I have to admit that I cannot find the application manager, I used to use it in the previous phone (Android 4.4), but I can't find it in this one (Lollipop)... :(

• Advertisement

I have to admit that I cannot find the application manager, I used to use it in the previous phone (Android 4.4), but I can't find it in this one (Lollipop)... :(
    I'm not really familiar with Sony phones at all, but you should find settings in your app drawer and then application manager should be in there somewhere.

I'm not really familiar with Sony phones at all, but you should find settings in your app drawer and then application manager should be in there somewhere.

There's no such thing... :(:(:(
    I searched the topic in the in-line help of the phone and also on the Sony website, at the support page for this phone. No luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I had a similar issue with my OnePlus One. I'd try to install apps but nothing would happen. It fixed itself eventaully but in the mean time, tell and app to install then kill the Play Store app and relaunch it.

There's no such thing... :(:(:(
    I searched the topic in the in-line help of the phone and also on the Sony website, at the support page for this phone. No luck...

This is what I managed to find,

From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
    Find and tap Settings > Apps.
    Swipe to the All tab.

See if that makes sense.

Solved!!!

I talked to a colleague of mine and he told me to check whether some apps were in queue for update. He had a similar issue with his Samsung tablet.
    So I found out that unless I granted those updates it wouldn't have downloaded anything else. I didn't know that.
    In about 20 minutes time all was perfect :D

Thank everybody for the support!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement