Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaf navigation system - google maps

Options
  • 18-05-2015 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone using google maps Send To Car option for the Nissan leaf?

Just wondering what people put in as the account ID. I've used the 17 character registration code (VIN number) but no joy.

Nav system itself is fairly limited I'm finding so far. Great for navigating to charge points, but not so much for anywhere else, like hotels, street addresses that don't have numbers (aka the whole country), GPS coordinates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Use your carwings login.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

cros13 wrote: »
    Use your carwings login.

Hmm. the username is it? Or the password? Or the phone number associated?

I've tried all of those, and the VIN. So scratching my head a bit now.

Maybe it needs a few days to replicate or something.

Any other navigation tips? I've downloaded the kml file for google earth as well, with the charge points on it. Very handy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

pwurple wrote: »
    Hmm. the username is it? Or the password? Or the phone number associated?

I've tried all of those, and the VIN. So scratching my head a bit now.

Maybe it needs a few days to replicate or something.

Any other navigation tips? I've downloaded the kml file for google earth as well, with the charge points on it. Very handy so far.

The username. It worked first time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Yeah, username works for me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Actually, I'm having trouble sending an address at the moment; "We couldn't communicate with your automaker. Please contact them for assistance."

Hmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Actually, I'm having trouble sending an address at the moment; "We couldn't communicate with your automaker. Please contact them for assistance."

Hmmm...

Yes, that's what I get.

I'm wondering are you guys who have it working using the app, or the website version.

This is the app I use.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jvanier.android.sendtocar&hl=en

I've noticed lately that the destination is several Kms off , don't know what's going on there.

Advertisement