Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circuit Board Repair person

Options
  • 18-05-2015 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Evening folks,

I was wondering if any of you knew somebody / somewhere that repairs circuit boards in Dublin / Leinster. Typically, all that's wrong with them is blown capacitors / triacs but as I don't have diagrams of these boards and they're typically quite expensive to replace in full I'd prefer to just get them repaired.

If any of you can point me in the direction of somebody who can do this kind of work (even as a side job) I'd appreciate it.

Would ideally be looking for somebody who works in electronics or has a decent amount of experience with this stuff.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Lektronixs will collect or courier boards

http://www.lektronix.ie/electronic-repairs

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭alph

Thanks, any idea on prices? I'll ask them for a quote anyway but maybe you know off hand.

If anybody knows anywhere else I'm still interested to know

I would like to shop around as I don't want to pay hand over fist if I don't need to :)

Thanks

alph wrote: »
    Thanks, any idea on prices? I'll ask them for a quote anyway but maybe you know off hand.

If anybody knows anywhere else I'm still interested to know

I would like to shop around as I don't want to pay hand over fist if I don't need to :)

Thanks

What's the pcb out of?
    I do a good bit of repairs but only of my own stuff

Its taken out of a glue machine (random I know). Its the main control board. I can put a picture up if you want to look?

S9ArKTyh.jpg

OgwPUU7h.jpg

Its the red thing that's blown :)

Edit: sorry for blurry images... shakey hands (another reason I can't solder new capacitors in...)

• Advertisement

If you can get the parts I'd happily solder them in for you.
    Theres a good few lads over in the arcade and retro forum with soldering skills either might be handier for you.

got a make and model for the machine?
    they schematics are usually handy to find

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

I'm guessing it's a Nordson?

From past dealings with them I'd guess less than a third of a new board, they do provide a full guarantee and from what I remember no charge if they can't repair it.

alph wrote: »
    Its the red thing that's blown :)

If that's a thermistor it may not be to only faulty component. It was probably there to limit in-rush I'm guessing by it's vicinity to the primary input.

I'm guessing it's a Nordson?

From past dealings with them I'd guess less than a third of a new board, they do provide a full guarantee and from what I remember no charge if they can't repair it.

Yep its a Nordson board. I've sent that Lektronix crowd off an email for a quote so i'll see what they come back with

If that's a thermistor it may not be to only faulty component. It was probably there to limit in-rush I'm guessing by it's vicinity to the primary input.

I think its a Varistor

• Advertisement

Yeah thought it mightov been a MOV after a google.
    Transient suppressor, pretty similar. Not a good sign when they go. Usually you can google the part numbers.

You can try replacing the component and the fuses beside it but I'd say there's more to it than meets the eye.

Advertisement