Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rio 2016 Olympics

Options
  • 18-05-2015 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey, can't find an existing thread on this.

Planning trip to Rio 2016 Olympics and looking for advice re sourcing accommodation. Anyone able to tell me what areas of Rio are good to stay in or any local agencies that are reputable to help source accommodation.

Thinking of AirBnB as any packages are crazy expensive - anyone got any recommendations of AirBnB places in Rio?

Also planning to do a few day trips or a 3 day trips to other places worth seeing in that area Brazil. Never been to South America so any input would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I just booked an apartment last week through airbnb. Leblon area. Thats the safest area. It's around €230 per night. I was offered a better one for €295 but it exceeded my budget. I can send you the details of it if you want to PM me.
    There are enough of things to see around Rio without doing day trips, in my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

gingerpele wrote: »
    Also planning to do a few day trips or a 3 day trips to other places worth seeing in that area Brazil. Never been to South America so any input would be great. Thanks.

Ilha Grande is a popular island full of beaches about 100 miles from Rio if that's your thing. Brazil being enormous many of the touristy destinations are far apart.
    finbarrk wrote: »
    There are enough of things to see around Rio without doing day trips, in my opinion anyway.

This is true, Christ the Redeemer Statue, the Sugar Loaf, Copacabana, Ipanema are all things to do/see in Rio.

I see CoSports ticket application portal which was to be in operation from yesterday flopped. They haven't said when it will be in operation again yet.
    https://www.cosport.com/

CoSport are selling tickets these days.

Advertisement