Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July Provision activities

Options
  • 18-05-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi I'm doing July provisions for the first year, working with a 15 year old boy. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for activities.

Thanks

Mods I wasnt sure where to post this so if you want to post it to a more suitable location then feel free

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'll put it in Teaching and Lecturing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have you a copy of any of his reports? I'd be guided by those and what the parent feel he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 here228

Thanks, I'll ask for it. Have a little bit more info now and I'll be liasing with the school but was just wondering what kind of things others do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Children on the ASD spectrum can have social difficulties, making eye contact, recognising social cues, turn taking etc. Might be worth enquiring if this area needs work. Likewise organisational skills ,but every child is different and the spectrum is just that, a very, very broad spectrum.

Advertisement