Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Play Store - "Check Connection and Try Again" error message

Options
  • 18-05-2015 11:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus and since yesterday the Google Play Store App has been acting up. It wont connect and I keep getting the message in the thread title.
    I have tried various things that I've seen suggested on the web such as adjusting the time & date, clearing the caches and removing and resetting up the google account. I've also reinstalled the Play Store app using the APK file.

I am out of ideas. Has anyone experienced this before and been able to solve it?

I want to avoid a factory reset if at all possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Clear the cache and data from the play store app in app manager and then update the play store app again.should work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

This used to happen to me but only when I wasn't on a WiFi connection. Since switching to another network I've had no problems at all. Connects all the time now no matter what the connection. I switched from o2/three to vodaphone and have a moto g. It would seem my issue was the network's failure rather than the phone or the play store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Clear the cache and data from the play store app in app manager and then update the play store app again.should work

Tried that, it didn't work.

It happens whether on wifi or data.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Appears to affect ex o2 users on three?

Happens to me, using three with o2 sim. Play Store works with other providers SIMs or Wifi. Cache is not where problem lies. Using a Nexus 5 unlocked. The issue appears to be on provider side. If enough people confirm same issue and are also o2 (now three) customers then would be easier to get three to look into it.

I am an ex O2 customer but when I bought this phone I received a new Three SIM card. I retained the 086 No. though.

As it won't connect I cannot update or reinstall the app via Google Store so I've manually reinstalled Google Play Store and Google Play Services from APK files downloaded from the GPS website. Still no joy.

I think a factory reset might be the only option.

How can I save my data, photos, whatssapp, contacts so i don't lose them when i reset?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

I am an ex O2 customer but when I bought this phone I received a new Three SIM card. I retained the 086 No. though.

As it won't connect I cannot update or reinstall the app via Google Store so I've manually reinstalled Google Play Store and Google Play Services from APK files downloaded from the GPS website. Still no joy.

I think a factory reset might be the only option.

How can I save my data, photos, whatssapp, contacts so i don't lose them when i reset?

Probably best just to connect to your PC/laptop via a cable. You're phone should appear in the list of devices in 'My Computer'(assuming you're using windows) and then just go through the folders and copy and paste from the phone that way. I would suggest using Google Drive but if you have a lot of stuff then it'll take forever. The cable connection's your best option I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

I had the same issue until I went into "Settings|mobile Networks" and edited the APN to take our the proxy settings, and it works fine now.

R

Screw it. Nothing was working. I just went and did a factory reset. It took me half the afternoon to reinstall my apps and recustomise everything to how I like it but the payoff is that Play Store is now working properly again.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement