Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Dublin Clubs

Options
  • 17-05-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of help on finding a club to suit my specific work hours. I have mailed 4 different clubs in Dublin and haven't got any replys so I have turned to boards.ie for some help

I am a complete beginner who is looking for a club that offers late evening classes (after 8pm) or Saturday / Sunday classes in some sort of Muay Thai or Kickboxing etc..

I am not pushed on distance as I have a car just looking for a club that offers classes to suit.

Thnaks,

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

I am a complete beginner who is looking for a club that offers late evening classes (after 8pm) or Saturday / Sunday classes in some sort of Muay Thai or Kickboxing etc..

Have you considered Shotokan karate?

I know a few of the instructors in this organisation and they're very good. Be warned though that traditional karate teaching progresses quite slowly from basics towards fighting, so if you're looking to get bruised from day #1 this isn't for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

I dont know their hours but there's a Straight Blast Gym on the Naas Road near the bluebell luas stop. Pretty sure they have an up to date website too

• Registered Users Posts: 5 markjones079

I dont know their hours but there's a Straight Blast Gym on the Naas Road near the bluebell luas stop. Pretty sure they have an up to date website too

Thanks for the reply. I spoke with SBG and unfortunately their timetable doesn't suit my hours to train.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 markjones079

Zen65 wrote: »
    Have you considered Shotokan karate?

I know a few of the Lads and they're very good. Be warned though that traditional karate teaching progresses quite slowly from basics towards fighting, so if you're looking to get bruised from day #1 this isn't for you.

Thanks for the reply, this is something I will consider if I can't find a Muay Thai club.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

www.warriorsthaiboxing.com is one of the best and most successful Muay/Thai gyms in the country.
    They have many current Irish pro champions and Also have a good range of beginner and intermediate at all ages.

It's in monkstown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement