Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a small business to the UK (sole trader)

Options
  • 17-05-2015 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey there,

currently I'm taking part in the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance scheme. I'm loving running my own small business as a sole trader. I've been at it for six months now, so my business is still in the very early growth stage. I intended to last out the two years of the BWEA

However, life has many surprises, and it looks like very shortly my family will be relocating to the UK.

So my question is, what do I do in relation to my business being registered here in Ireland? Do I just close the business and file a tax return? I understand of course that once I leave the country, my Back to Work Enterprise Allowance will be over and done with.

So, any thoughts? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Be interested to find out too might be doing the move in the medium term. I assume its a matter of winding up here and starting fresh there.

Advertisement