Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reloading operating system

Options
  • 17-05-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if i can delete the entire operating system and reload it. My past employer had a security system on it but it is no longer needed. I dont want to go back to them to have them remove it either

Any suggestions?

Hugh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

HughF wrote: »
    Hi all

Can anyone tell me if i can delete the entire operating system and reload it. My past employer had a security system on it but it is no longer needed. I dont want to go back to them to have them remove it either

Any suggestions?

Hugh

Not sure you're on the right forum.

What device is it? Mobile, tablet, computer?
    What OS is on the device now?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

Opps sorry ........its a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone running Lollipop OS

Hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭corkie

You could probably flash stock firmware

Only firmware for the Ireland Meteor network available in the above link!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

How was it running a "security system" and would a factory reset do the job. If not you could flash a generic international stock firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

Thanks. I will give it a try

Hugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If it's encrypted due to a previous work email policy a factory reset will remove it.

Advertisement