Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland: a "Trivago" for self-catering?

Options
  • 17-05-2015 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find self-catering accommodation in Ireland for a particular time period and under a specific price - just like we can with hotels on Trivago. Trivago indeed has a very small section of self-catering properties in Ireland right here which shows that in principle it can be done.

The search engines I'm coming across are beyond frustrating - obscurantism at its most despairing. For starters, I have no intention of emailing some luddite to find out his property's price and availability. How much time do these people think we have? How little competition do they believe they have?

Does anybody know of a self-catering search engine which will give clear, upfront information about the cost and availability of accommodation on my dates (e.g. the ones which say "from €250" but when you enquire further they go up to €700 at your time are yet another complete waste of everybody's time - as if anybody on a €250 budget will suddenly be willing to spend €700)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Also interested in this. Looking at self catering this summer but was using Tripadvisor and daft.ie holiday homes sections. Not sure if theres an actual website like the one you're looking for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

Homeaway.co.uk small enough selection for Ireland but you can filter by price and facilities.

Advertisement