Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ensuite outside campus accomodation?

Options
  • 16-05-2015 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hey guys,

where do you reckon I would be able to find en suite accommodation outside campus bar say Groody/troy where I do not need to pay up-front? What areas do have most en suite rooms? Next year accommodation in Groody is roughly 500 euro more expensive and I am not able to pay 2200 up-front... that's for the first semester of course.

Any hints?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Courtyard student village might be want you want. Every room has its own en-suite. When I lived there, you could pay for the year in full in one go, or per semester in one go. I think they also let you pay per semester in a few instalments, but don't quote me on that.

Courtyard is at the back of the estate where Groody is. It shares the bus into UL with Brookfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Cois Ghruda ensuite be 300 to 350 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

Can somebody correct me if I'm wrong... Courtyard overall cost is 200 (deposit) + 400 (ESB + Water + Gas) + 400 (Utilities) + 3000 (roughly) as the total fee for the year. So it amounts to 4000 per year?

kapisko1PL wrote: »
    Can somebody correct me if I'm wrong... Courtyard overall cost is 200 (deposit) + 400 (ESB + Water + Gas) + 400 (Utilities) + 3000 (roughly) as the total fee for the year. So it amounts to 4000 per year?

That's an eight month year?

28 August -> 22 May

• Advertisement

That's expensive for 9 months. You would never use that much gas and electricity off campus. Especially if you share with 3 or 4 others.

YFlyer wrote: »
    That's expensive for 9 months. You would never use that much gas and electricity off campus. Especially if you share with 3 or 4 others.

I shared a house with 6 others and only paid 97 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I didn't look at the prices, as I assumed they hadn't changed. When I was there, the rent was €5 cheaper per week, which brought it to €2660 for the year, for the single en-suit room. The deposit was €250, and there were two charges of €275 at the start of the year: one for electricity/heating, and one for bins/bus/wifi. At the end of the year, I got the full deposit back, and roughly €100 from unused electricity and heating. The total cost for the year was roughly €3000.

The houses are well kept, and a decent size. You will get the deposit and some of the bills back at the end. I don't think I'd pay €4000 for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Brookfield is pretty nice, slightly far away but not much further than Groody, and there's a free bus.
    You can pay in installment plans too, not sure what they are, don't remember but I think the cheapest one is 450e a month for 5 or 6 months and like 1000e up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tom tit tot

Cois Gruda!

• Advertisement
Advertisement