Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Home Economics - All levels - June 3rd 2015***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

For higher level

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

I've heard vitamins and minerals are very likely, especially the ones that include RDA's.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mhf55

Home ec predictions? Our teacher was saying b12 and vegetarianism for q1 and women in the workforce for the elective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 cookiecutter99

mhf55 wrote: »
    Home ec predictions? Our teacher was saying b12 and vegetarianism for q1 and women in the workforce for the elective

Homec is really hard to predict as it is very broad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

Leeson St Student,

One thing I will say is ELECTRICITY!
    Apparently consumer studies is a hot topic aswell,
    And as for the nutrient question, expect carbohydrates, or vitamins/minerals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 alannah_96

I think for question 4 it's going to be Consumer Studies and for question 5 it's going to be marriage

• Registered Users Posts: 25 michele101

So worried about the Home Economics exam. Anyone think it's safe to leave out resource management? If not is there anything else I could leave out? Still want a B grade though so maybe there's nothing 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sdio

michele101 wrote: »
    So worried about the Home Economics exam. Anyone think it's safe to leave out resource management? If not is there anything else I could leave out? Still want a B grade though so maybe there's nothing 😞

I'm hoping to leave out resource management + finance + textiles + social studies and get an A1. I think if you know food well it's fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Laura986

I'm really winging it with home ec! Banking on consumer studies for q4 and marriage for q5! Any more predictions for elective 3, say unemployment? Going through education now and it's so long winded.. Need almost full marks on my elective to do well cos Irish could go either way with leaving out what's been up already! Help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ailbhecon

Quick question in regards to home economics, Does anybody know whether the processing of Cheese would come under all three headings? E.g Extensive processing, Preservation and added food value?! If anyone could clarify I would be deeply grateful!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Almen11

I'm convinced minerals and vitamins will come up! Protein, fats, carbs have been examined these past 3 years so it's really likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 KatieHennessy

What did people think of home ec? Microbiology and question 1 were lovely in my opinion. Elective was kinda hard. I wasn't sure what to say at all for the ergonomics for people with special needs! Anyone else feel the same?

What did people think of home ec? Microbiology and question 1 were lovely in my opinion. Elective was kinda hard. I wasn't sure what to say at all for the ergonomics for people with special needs! Anyone else feel the same?

I didn't like question one at all! Didn't know what was going on for part a of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 KatieHennessy

I didn't like question one at all! Didn't know what was going on for part a of it

Yeah it was a strange one! The water one was tricky too. I know it's topical and all but we barely did water in class. Knew more about it than the other choice though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenom

Answered Eggs and Marriage! Thought they were okay, paper was definitely a hard one though the short questions were evil!
    Could actually only answer 10 out of 12 so fingers crossed!
    The social studies questions was difficult at the start aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭KatieG6

Absolutely hated short questioms, did not do well in those at all.

Did egg q, does anyone know how much marks I would loose if I said that egg was polyunsaturated instead of saturated fat when refering to the nutritional significance.
    Also, for cullinary uses and properties I accidently started talking about uses as in what you could use eggs for (scrambling,boiling,frying etc.)

Loved marraige q and elective q because I literally studied unemployment and lesiure this morning! :)

Yeah, when I read the comment and elaborate on the provison I hadn't a clue what was going on haha :P

How many pages did you write for it? i wrote 1 page for part (i) and 2 and a half pages for part (ii).

KatieG6 wrote: »
    Yeah, when I read the comment and elaborate on the provison I hadn't a clue what was going on haha :P

How many pages did you write for it? i wrote 1 page for part (i) and 2 and a half pages for part (ii).

I barely did one for each!

KatieG6 wrote: »

I made a box and did all of it in one page... :|

Laurenom wrote: »
    I made a box and did all of it in one page... :|

What do you mean made a box?

What do you mean made a box?

Look up Leaving cert home economics on YouTube and go onto the Institutes video on how to answer the table / pie chart thingy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

I wanted (and needed) to get an A1 in Home Ec, and that paper blew any chance i had out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Same here. Hm Ec is my best subject. Hated that paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RosemaryMcC

My daughter is devastated about her home ec paper. Never recovered from getting an E in mocks. Was asked about a mould and wrote about yeast only to find out she had mixed things up! I knew she was spending too much time catching up on Irish having lost a good teacher to a dimwit sub!

Advertisement