Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE anytime Medical expense refund claim

Options
  • 16-05-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi,

Need some info /advice.

I'm using PAYE anytime to claim 20% tax back for a €770 Medical bill.

Has anyone used it to do this and how did they find it?

Firstly, it just asked me to enter the gross amount. It didn't ask me to upload any receipts or proof of claim. When does this happen in the online request process?

Also, I now have to submit the claim and the site is telling me it's not available at the moment which I've noticed happen a couple of times before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

jimmurt wrote: »
    Hi,

Need some info /advice.

I'm using PAYE anytime to claim 20% tax back for a €770 Medical bill.

Has anyone used it to do this and how did they find it?

Firstly, it just asked me to enter the gross amount. It didn't ask me to upload any receipts or proof of claim. When does this happen in the online request process?

Also, I now have to submit the claim and the site is telling me it's not available at the moment which I've noticed happen a couple of times before.

You don't have to submit receipts with your clai, but you must hold onto the receipts for 6 years in case your claim is selected for manual verification at some point.
    Re the site itself, if it's not available at the moment, I'd leave it until Monday at least to try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

You don't have to submit receipts with your clai, but you must hold onto the receipts for 6 years in case your claim is selected for manual verification at some point.
    Re the site itself, if it's not available at the moment, I'd leave it until Monday at least to try again.

I came back up and I was able to submit.

What happens next? Can I expect contact from them or do they just process the claim?

Does it go into bank account soon after processing?

Sorry for all the questions but there's not much info about this on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

What happens next? Can I expect contact from them or do they just process the claim?

Its an automated service. If all is order the claim is processed within 48 hours. If a refund is due and your bank details are on file, the refund should be in your bank account within 3 working days after its processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

It's self asssessment, and there's a presumption of honesty. You make the claim, and generally it's assumed you've correctly claimed and your claim is processed.

A proportion of claims are then selected for verification in order to ensure compliance, some randomly and some based on risk criteria (which for obvious reasons are not in the public domain).

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

It's self asssessment, and there's a presumption of honesty. You make the claim, and generally it's assumed you've correctly claimed and your claim is processed.

A proportion of claims are then selected for verification in order to ensure compliance, some randomly and some based on risk criteria (which for obvious reasons are not in the public domain).

Good stuff.

And generally would I expect to see it in my bank account within 10 working days of claim being submitted?

• Advertisement

Good stuff.

And generally would I expect to see it in my bank account within 10 working days of claim being submitted?

Unless it is selected for verification, definitely yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If your claim is for 2015 medical expenses , don't expect to see it in you bank A/c in 190 days , cos it won't happen.

If your claim is for a previous year , then there is every chance you might see it in 10 days , but the claim will activate a P21 balancing statement , and all your other paye income including USC/ household tax / property tax will have to be in order and up to date before a refund is issued .

If your claim is for 2015 medical expenses , don't expect to see it in you bank A/c in 190 days , cos it won't happen.

If your claim is for a previous year , then there is every chance you might see it in 10 days , but the claim will activate a P21 balancing statement , and all your other paye income including USC/ household tax / property tax will have to be in order and up to date before a refund is issued .

Can you make a claim for medical expenses during a current tax year on PAYEanytime?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Can you make a claim for medical expenses during a current tax year on PAYEanytime?

No - this is not possible for me anyway .

Maybe the OP is trying to claim a 2015 medical bill of €770 in 2014 .................who knows .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

you can claim in the current year if you have unusually high medical expenses. same for educational expenses. You just need to get talking to the right person in revenue cos some of them will unfortunately tell you you can't do it in the current year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement