Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Role Reduction

Options
  • 16-05-2015 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I love to get some people advice on my current situation.

A couple of years ago I got a job in a growing company. During the first two years I did pretty well, getting two promotions, hired staff to help me and was given lots of new responsibilities and really loved my job.

A year ago my manager who hired me quit and their replacement was hired in a different location. The new person made new hires (former colleagues in previous companies) for my responsibilities in the different location and my inputs within the larger team were diminished.

I requested a move to the different location and after much wrangling this was granted by HR but its a long process and in the mean time my employees were appointed to a less senior colleague in the original location.

I’ve always exceeded my targets and referred to as a great asset to the company but the new person has basically demoted me (not formally) and hired several people who I now report to. The whole scenario feels like a u turn and confidence has taken a big hit.

I’ll be moving to the new location soon and I know there is still a lot of opportunities available, I just don’t know if I will be able to have any progression in the current scenario? or is it toxic?

Any advise would be useful!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have you talked to your manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Stheno wrote: »
    Have you talked to your manager?

Yea, I've brought it up, asking for clarification for my current responsibilities and why I wasn't involved or leading projects I normally would have been. I was pretty much fobbed that it was an oversight to give new people a chance and then I should work with the new people on their projects.

But I don't get the opportunity to work on their projects as I'm in a different location and completely different time zone.

Advertisement