Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro and Thomson TWG870

Options
  • 15-05-2015 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have had digiweb 30mb metro installed on Wednesday. No connection for 20 minute intervals quite regularly so far. Not overly thrilled at all with it.

The modem is a Thomson TWG870.

Previously on my Vodafone adsl connection i used a decent Netgear modem bridged into an Apple Airport Extreme as I do a lot streaming at home from a NAS.

I have looked high and low for instructions on how to connect the Thomson TWG870 to the Apple Airport Extreme but cannot find anything. Anyone familiar with these routers? Would be grateful for any help.

Thank you very much
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Does the modem support bridging? Should be an option in the modem setup pages somewhere for it. Sometimes modems are locked down quite a bit so it may not be too easy to do. I know UPC don't allow bridging on some of their modems (there are workarounds though).
    I'm going to move this to the broadband forum where it's more appropriate

Nick

Advertisement