Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GEROZAC.

Options
  • 15-05-2015 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Ok I do not know if I am in the right forum for medication right now but I am freaking out so I was on Prozac the last 3 months and my dosage has been upped so I got my new prescription today and instead of Prozac they gave me Gerozac.
    Prozac and Gerozac are both Fluoxetine, hence why they gave it to me.
    But are they very different or what? Anybody been on Gerozac? Will I gain weight? Should I get Prozac instead? I don't know if I am going to be able to return the Gerozac. I don't know what to do I am going to have an anxiety attack. Can I get any reassurance or something on this Gerozac ****? I am also very concious of my weight. I know Prozac has helped me lose weight and I no longer go through binge/purge sessions. I don't know what to do. Will I be okay on this ****?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Okay, we're not allowed give medical advice first off, so there's only so much I can say.

Gerozac is a generic of Prozac as far as I remember. Prozac is only a brand name, just as Gerozac is another brand name.

The medication is the same and will act the same as your usual Prozac works.

However, if it's causing you this much anxiety, go talk to the pharmacist and go have a chat with your GP so he or she can reassure you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You need to go speak to your GP. We cannot offer medical advice on Boards.

Thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement