Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are EI Regional (Stobart Air) strict on cabin baggage size?

Options
  • 15-05-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Are Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart Air) strict on cabin baggage size? The size limit is 48x33x20 (HxWxD) and I think my bag is 3-5cm too high and about 1-2cm too wide.

Thanks!

EDIT: Will be flying from Dublin only if that's any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

No and it really annoys me :mad: The bins are tiny so your bag won't fit, they'll take it off you on the plane and check it for free. Conscientious me who knows my bag is too big (standard carry on size), always pays to check in my bag, and people who blatantly ignore the rule get checked in bags for free. Rant over.

Depending on the airport it can be a pain though, waited 30 minutes for bags in Newquay two weeks ago. There were ten checked bags :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

Ok then I take it that it shouldn't be much of problem. I will only be flying with them on the outbound leg from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xxkixx

How did it go VG31? Flying with them in
    a few weeks and also only have the standard cabin bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You can buy the smaller wheelie bag that fits into the Aer Arann overhead bins for about £15 on Amazon UK. Allowing for Parcel Motel and FX it shouldn't cost more than €30.

The risk you take is that if the flight is full they will take the bag and put it in the hold where there is a good chance of it getting lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

do they weigh the bags? Flying to Glasgow with them. says 7 kgs rather than 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

xxkixx wrote: »
    How did it go VG31? Flying with them in
    a few weeks and also only have the standard cabin bag.

I haven't flown with them yet! But I have got a smaller bag anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

VG31 wrote: »
    I haven't flown with them yet! But I have got a smaller bag anyway.

Don't panic if you try to put your bag in one of the bins and it doesn't fit - the bins under the (overhead) wings are even smaller!

Advertisement