Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android phone for a 12 year old

Options
  • 15-05-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Daughter just turned 12. Has no mobile (only person in her class without a mobile.) Secondary school in September so we are going to get her a mobile.

Looking for an android phone, not too expensive, decent camera would be nice. Any ideas?

If anyone knew of a network offer with ready to go and no minimum top up that would also be good.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

She will lose it, it will get broken.

I had a 3310 back in the day (2002 or so) and I was happy with it!

Maybe a moto G, but I wouldnt get one new. http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_moto+g/.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

yeah I know she will loose/brake it but she is using her own hard earned/saved money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I still recommend the moto G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I still recommend the moto G.

Ya me too.
    12 yr old in our house has a moto e, no real complaint only the lack of front camera. Robust enough to take moderate abuse. E is a little over 100 e new in argos the sim free. Think tesco had the moto G free on bill pay recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Got our 12yr old daughter an xperia e3 and she loves it as far as I know they're aimed at that age group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

Vodafone smart 4 turbo,best phone I've ever used.Front camera and rear camera and fast aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

dinorebel wrote: »
    Got our 12yr old daughter an xperia e3 and she loves it as far as I know they're aimed at that age group.

Problem with the E3 is the lack of internal memory - only 1.7GB available to user - well that's all there was on someone's E3 I was working on last week.

We had to root the phone so that we could both uninstall Sony apps he wasn't using, and install link2sd so that we could install apps to the sd card.
    Otherwise the phone keeps crashing when you install even a few apps and save a few photos in the internal memory.

Kids can be cruel, buy a cheap phone that can't do much, and their friends might slag them over it. Buy an expensive phone, and they will lose or break it. If it were me, I would probably buy a second hand from someone that is upgrading from a old flagship to a new flagship or a refurbished old flagship.

Advertisement