Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert english paper 1 theme????**

Options
  • 15-05-2015 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

What will the theme for english be this year.im thinking war maybe??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 cookiecutter99

maybe gender inequality..this was the topic for deb mock papers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's no reason why it should be anything remotely like the mocks - they are set by businesses, not the SEC.
    The setters and drafters for the SEC are not allowed work for 'mock' businesses.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Really very little point in trying to predict theme for P1 of all things ...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnjoeboy

Really very little point in trying to predict theme for P1 of all things ...

Not really because diary entries,talks or what ever aswell as the essays are all based on the over all theme so going into the exam with maybe an essay close enough to the real theme in the end is important.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Johnjoeboy wrote: »
    Not really because diary entries,talks or what ever aswell as the essays are all based on the over all theme so going into the exam with maybe an essay close enough to the real theme in the end is important.
    I mean that trying to predict the theme is just wild guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 cookiecutter99

spurious wrote: »
    There's no reason why it should be anything remotely like the mocks - they are set by businesses, not the SEC.
    The setters and drafters for the SEC are not allowed work for 'mock' businesses.
    i was just saying this theme because it is a big topic this year and there is actually a point predicting english paper 1 as you can prepare broad essays and points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

In order to predict, there needs to be a pattern.

2014 Influence
    2013 Story-telling
    2012 Memory
    2011 Mystery
    2010 The Future
    2009 Decisions
    2008 Identity
    2007 Change
    2006 Pretence
    2005 Ordinary lives
    2004 Work and play
    2003 Journeys
    2002 Family
    2001 Irishness

I detect no pattern. Therefore, one can only guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I would guess something like Equality or maybe something about being Irish. It's only a bit of fun to guess, would be interesting to see if anyone was right in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

don't know why but maybe Independence/Freedom
    or war/violence
    or anything else under the sun
    technology doesn't seem to have been a specific theme yet

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Looking at qweerty's list, I don't see any pattern either. The theme doesn't seem to be influenced by current events at all(the texts might). Now, it might be influenced by recent events this year but I, too, think it's just wild guessing rather than predicting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement