Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal

Options
  • 15-05-2015 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Okay so I'm going into second year and I recently renewed my grant. The fourth question was something like 'has your household income changed enough to affect your current rate of grant' I answered no for this even though I've been working Saturdays and all of last summer. Got a letter the other day from susi saying that my renewal is complete and I'll continue to get the same grant as long as my college confirm my registration in september. Anyway my question is, is that it like will I be asked to submit any documentation or by me saying no to the last question, will that cause complications? I'm just really skeptical when it comes to susi because I had such trouble getting my grant first time round, like it can't be this easy to renew it can it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

If you submitted no this year to the 4th question, you may be selected for re-assessment next year.
    If next year you are reassessed and your level of grant changes, SUSI will review your previous years application and the amount of grant you were awarded, If it occurs that you were overpaid in any previous year, SUSI will request a recoup of the difference back.

There are allowances for working through the summer and out of term time up to €3809 while in education the previous year of application.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

Would you know what would happen if I had earned over that 3809 but my family income is still under 22000 or whatever it is for the special rate grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

If you got the special rate grant last year because your household reckonable income was less than €22,703 and the current household reckonable income in still below €22,703 then you were correct to answer no.
    The change to your household income did not effect the rate of grant you a receipt of.

Advertisement