Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Surface 3

• 14-05-2015 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Had a play with the new Surface 3 in PC World today. I like it a lot... price seems over the top thigh when you add a keyboard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Same as all the surfaces really, great products but the price point without a keyboard is too high.

They should be including the keyboard as its one of its main selling points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

So I picked up a Surface 3 a while ago (Yay PCW deal), and I'm looking for a matte screen protector for it. Anyone know of one that's not stupid-expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Griffinx

Dublin airport has them for €531

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Hi, does anyone know if there are any implications with picking one of these up in the US? I am not buying the keyboard there, just the tablet itself. Apart from the wall socket charger (it's a micro usb anyway, so I can use any charger I already have) is there anything to worry about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Col_30 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if there are any implications with picking one of these up in the US? I am not buying the keyboard there, just the tablet itself. Apart from the wall socket charger (it's a micro usb anyway, so I can use any charger I already have) is there anything to worry about?

I very much doubt it. Warranty may be US only however, worth checking.

• Advertisement

I very much doubt it. Warranty may be US only however, worth checking.

Thank you! I will check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Griffinx

Col_30 wrote: »

I bought a surface 2 in the states a few years ago without any problem. Which model Surface 3 are you going for? The LTE model is available there now I believe but not here yet. Im hoping to get that one!

Griffinx wrote: »
    I bought a surface 2 in the states a few years ago without any problem. Which model Surface 3 are you going for? The LTE model is available there now I believe but not here yet. Im hoping to get that one!

The non-LTE 128GB with 4GB RAM.

Advertisement