Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerned about my position

Options
  • 14-05-2015 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hello,

Could really do with some advice. I have been managing a team for 8 months now that works onsite with a customer requesting a product and service. My team are part of a wider project team that are mainly offshore.
    From the very beginning, I highlighted and escalated concerns on areas of the programme which would cause issues down the line.
    I have had to step into different roles in order to fill gaps and only in the past few months has the company taken on capable people.
    It now turns out that the budget has been blown (due to lack of direction at higher level) and work is probably going to be paused.
    It means that my group who have been working extremely hard to keep the lights on, working over time, may be asked to step down and my role as a result is no longer needed.
    I don't want to be taken by surprise and my manager(s) have said nothing but can anyone advise me on what I should do?
    I've moved to take this role with a verbal assurance from the company that this would grow and last 3-5 years.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks,
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭skallywag

Ande1975 wrote: »
    I don't want to be taken by surprise and my manager(s) have said nothing but can anyone advise me on what I should do?

It's perfectly natural to be concerned, and any decent manager will understand. How about just sharing your concerns directly with your supervisor, asking what would be in the pipe next for you, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

skallywag wrote: »
    It's perfectly natural to be concerned, and any decent manager will understand. How about just sharing your concerns directly with your supervisor, asking what would be in the pipe next for you, etc?

Many thanks for your response Skallywag. I followed up and turns out that eventhough things are up in the air, I don't have anything to fear as such. Feel a whole lot better.
    Lesson learned to not stress until you know all the facts!

Advertisement