Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed please

Options
  • 14-05-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

2 weeks ago my gf of over 2 years (last 7 months have been long distance) broke up with me out of the blue because she needed space to think. Her reasoning was that she was making all her decisions based on me and that it completely freaked her out and she needed to figure things out for herself.

We are both in our early/mid 20's and I am 3 years older. We genuinely had a great relationship with no real problems. Up until we broke up we would talk everyday and we only had 2 more months of long distance to go before she was back in Ireland. We would regularly talk about our future together and she was usually the driving force behind it. I wasn't dragging my feet or anything because she knew I was into the relationship just as much as she was.

Breaking up was a really big shock to me and I'm still confused as to why because there was no build up or fight which triggered it. She wanted space so I completely pulled back and we haven't spoken in 2 weeks. She mentioned that we can see what happens in the summer when she is back, which made me even more confused.

At this stage I'm thinking of texting her to check in, but not sure if its the right thing to do. Am I kidding myself that this relationship still has a chance and should I give her more time before making contact. I'm just afraid that if we completely lose all contact it will make getting back together in the summer less likely. I really love this girl and only have eyes for her so would appreciate ye're thoughts :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Hate to say this but it looks like "something" happened in the last 7 months while she's been away and she wants to make the break from you before she gets back to Ireland in order to avoid dealing with or admitting to the "something" face-to-face ............ or maybe it's just the time she's had away from you (freedom) made her realise you're not the man for her and she wants to continue to enjoy being "single" ......... sorry.

My advice would be not to contact her, if she really wants to talk to you or see you when she gets back then she will pick up the phone ......... if she doesn't pick up the phone then ....... well ......... I know it's hard but it is what it is and you know that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Matteroffact

It is not up to you to contact her. She wants space, give it to her and if she wants to renew the friendship she will contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'm afraid that there is no 'out of the blue' when it comes to breaking up. It might have been a shock to you but this is something she will have been thinking about for a while.

Don't contact her. Move on with your life and when she's back in the summer and contacts you then you can decide whether you want to try again. In the mean time live your life like you're a single man, because that's what you are.

Advertisement