Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redeployment

Options
  • 14-05-2015 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi all, does anyone have any solid information about redeployment? Who can be redeployed into a school? Who goes out? When does a school know that they won't have a redeployment? I am a secondary teacher and it is very difficult to get any real information on this topic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Wordless wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone have any solid information about redeployment? Who can be redeployed into a school? Who goes out? When does a school know that they won't have a redeployment? I am a secondary teacher and it is very difficult to get any real information on this topic.

I found this website and its links to be helpful on this topic:

"There are two redeployment schemes currently in operation in second-level schools. In addition, a voluntary redeployment scheme is currently under discussion.

The scheme that affects the largest number of schools and teachers is redeployment scheme for teachers surplus to requirements other than in situations of school closure..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

Cheers, so does redeployment in to a school have to be done my the 31st of May? Will a principal know by now if there are redeployments in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Wordless wrote: »
    Cheers, so does redeployment in to a school have to be done my the 31st of May? Will a principal know by now if there are redeployments in?

Principals normally know at this stage if they are to have a redeployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

ya a teacher in my school had applied for redeployment this year to be closer to home (within our ETB). She got her rejection yesterday.

Advertisement