Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Irish company that can make a custom mini-ITX case?

• 14-05-2015 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get custom cases made up for a mini-ITX unit. The main addition I need that's not generally included is a hole for a small LCD screen like this or this. I would expect to be ordering approx. 100 cases.

Does anybody know of any business in Dublin, Ireland or even the UK that does this type of thing? Googling, I can only find companies that do larger scale metalwork for construction.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Dr Pepper wrote: »
    I'm looking to get custom cases made up for a mini-ITX unit. The main addition I need that's not generally included is a hole for a small LCD screen like this or this. I would expect to be ordering approx. 100 cases.

Does anybody know of any business in Dublin, Ireland or even the UK that does this type of thing? Googling, I can only find companies that do larger scale metalwork for construction.

Thanks!

You’re looking for a sheet metal fabrication company. I know there used to be one in the Ballymount area that made cases on a large scale but I don't recall the name.
    You could try Peterson Manufacturing.

The problem is the quantity. It may work out very expensive.
    I would look at buying a stock case and see if it would be possible to get it modified.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Thanks. I've just sent Peterson and email. I think you're right about modifying an existing case. Otherwise, it will get very complicated and expensive!

Sometimes, the difficulty is finding a business of the right size who are happy to do what you're looking for. No point in trying to get businesses who have multi-million euro public sector contracts to cut a hole in a handful of mini-ITX cases!

Advertisement