Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom / Efibre / Com Reg

Options
  • 13-05-2015 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've been with Eircom broadband for nearly 3 years. Efibre is available in my area, my neighbors have it, it checks positive on Eircom website with my address & phone number. After ordering the upgrade, I called to inquire when would the technician come for the installation and was told the order needs to be canceled as efibre is actually not available for my line ??? I've been spending hours and the phone with customer service, loyalty team, technicians but I still can't get an answer as to why my line can't support efibre. I have a chat transcript of an Eircom agent confirming my line could be upgraded and the installation date.
    I am due to work from home with a new company in 2 weeks time, gave my notice at my current job and I'm stuck with a bad internet connection ! I have contacted COM REG (Telecoms regulations) for help. Any help on this would be VERY much appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does the phone number check give you a figure? "Check what speed I can get" or something.

If it does and they cant order for you is my guess is the cab is full. Otherwise theyd at least try an installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I'd say the cabinet is full but for the love of God they need to tell the customer know rather than just all this messing and guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 5 West C

Thank you for reply ED E. When I check my internet speed I get 6.4Mb download and 0.43 Mb upload. Eircom tells me I should be on 15Mb. I'm not sure we're talking about the same figures, it doesn't seem to add up to me. My neighbor gets 45.4 download and 9.03 download, quite a difference ...

Yes Godskitchen, there's a lot a messing going on. I even received a call from an Eircom sales rep last week, who wanted to sign me for efibre. Quite ironical really ! When I told him I couldn't get efibre but maybe he could help me? He wasn't so interested in speaking with me then

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bookies Twist

Have you by any chance got one of the old fashioned split lines? How far away from the cabinet or telephone exchange are YOU? We live 3 miles from town but can not get e fibre broadband due to having a split line & being the furtherest house in our townsland from the exchange. Our line speed is only 2.5Mbs.Although all the houses in our townsland have been e fibred we can not get it due to those reasons. Very disappointed naturally. But I hope that it works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭domeld

West C wrote: »
    I've been with Eircom broadband for nearly 3 years. Efibre is available in my area, my neighbors have it, it checks positive on Eircom website with my address & phone number. After ordering the upgrade, I called to inquire when would the technician come for the installation and was told the order needs to be canceled as efibre is actually not available for my line ??? I've been spending hours and the phone with customer service, loyalty team, technicians but I still can't get an answer as to why my line can't support efibre. I have a chat transcript of an Eircom agent confirming my line could be upgraded and the installation date.
    I am due to work from home with a new company in 2 weeks time, gave my notice at my current job and I'm stuck with a bad internet connection ! I have contacted COM REG (Telecoms regulations) for help. Any help on this would be VERY much appreciated

PM me your phone number, i will check what eircom gateway is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

If I was in your situation lads I'd be talking nicely to a neighbour and asking them to allow me to set up a link between the houses for Internet. With payment of course.

Eircom have had their chance to sort the issue but the people you have been talking to are minimum wage script monkeys and just don't care.

I guess we, the consumer, only have ourselves to blame for piss poor customer service when the deciding factor for 90% of customers is price and not service.

Thank you Bookies Twist, sorry to hear you couldn't get efibre at your address. I'm not sure if I'm on a split line... I live in a small estate in town, where the houses next door to me had no problem getting upgraded. Surely Eircom is responsible to maintain the lines quality and make the necessary repairs when required, that's the service we're paying them for

After joining this forum yesterday, I was optimistic, but nothing has changed. Eircom has cancelled my account to put it back the way it was at the start. They need few days to cancel the order they shouldn't have put through in the first place for efibre?? In the meantime I can't get any information about what's going on to increase my internet speed?? If I lose my job over that, I have more than enough to sue for breaching contract.
    Com Reg (The police of Telecoms) have a case opened, ready to start in few days.
    Eircom be quick to sort it out as I'm ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You wont be able to successfully sue. The operator always retains the right to change(giving you an option to leave) or cease the contract at any time.

COMREG will at least get you an answer as to why you're not eligible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Try ordering it from Vodafone. That's what I did when in a similar situation to you.

You can't sue them, stop that.

Advertisement