Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Father/legal guardian

Options
  • 13-05-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Applying through SUSI for the first time this year. My child is living with me (mother) and my husband (not father or legal guardian). Sees the father twice a year.

Who's income should be on the parents income section?

Any and all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Same situation here, 5 years ago though.

My new husband was not legal guardian and hadn't adopted my children, so I was classed as a single parent for student grants, just filled in my information and wrote a note stating I had little or no contact with the father, and received no maintenance from him.

Think I was asked for divorce and new marriage cert, but nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

That's great, thanks for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

On my form I just ticked the no contact what so ever and they didn't ask for any proof or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

On my form I just ticked the no contact what so ever and they didn't ask for any proof or anything :)

Proof can be obtained from the department of social welfare if you are in receipt of one parent family.
    Applying through SUSI for the first time this year. My child is living with me (mother) and my husband (not father or legal guardian). Sees the father twice a year.

Who's income should be on the parents income section?

Any and all help appreciated.

But if you are not in receipt of such payment then evidence of a separation or divorce maybe required.

Thanks for the replies, don't get any social welfare payments and was never married to the father. I'll bite the bullet, clear a week in the schedule and call them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

MF2HD wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, don't get any social welfare payments and was never married to the father. I'll bite the bullet, clear a week in the schedule and call them ;)

You will need to provide the birth certificate and marriage certificate.
    Thus showing your husband is not the father of your child.

Ah okay thanks for that. Seriously I cannot wait until this is all over.

Advertisement