Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verbal Contract question

Options
  • 13-05-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Been working off and on for the same company for the past 15 or so years. In all that time I've never had any kind of written Contract or Terms And Conditions Of Employment. Always been verbal.

My understanding is that verbal contracts are perfectly legal but I feel that my company is starting to take advantage of this somewhat now in relation to changing hours and which days I'm working at very short notice, sometimes only letting me know a couple of hours beforehand which I've refused to do.

I work part time at the moment which is by choice.

Just want to know for certain where I stand in terms of how much notice I'm entitled to when it comes to these kind of changes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭chickenlicken2

Request a statement of your terms and conditions of employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 4MC

In the same position. Just employed for two weeks on a set wage and on third week hours and pay reduced. Is there any way of holding the employer to the original verbal contract?

Advertisement