Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia

Options
  • 13-05-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭

Any tips?

We have booked flights in July, and are spending first 7 days in langkawi but we are free after that for 10 days and are wondering what best to do in the region. We are flying out of KUL.

So far we are thinking about
    • Penang
    • Cameron Highlands
    • Kuala Lumpur or Singapore
    • Perhentians
    • Borneo
    But obviously we cant do all that in 10 days (and we dont want to rush around too much). I would like to snorkel somewhere and langkawi isnt the best for that. We'd like to spend a couple of nights in either KUL or Singapore also.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Penang is like the Costa del anywhere. KL is the most boring city I've ever visited and would not return to if you paid me. Borneo is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

athtrasna wrote: »
    Penang is like the Costa del anywhere. KL is the most boring city I've ever visited and would not return to if you paid me. Borneo is beautiful.

It'd be Georgetown in Penang. Apparently a great spot for food and mix of cultures. Doing the beach thing in langkawi so not going to Penang for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

Did you stay in Georgetown or? We were sort of thinking of staying in one of those colonial style hotels and just sampling the food. Not looking for beach there or anything. http://www.thebluemansion.com.my/ I know someone who spent a couple of months in Georgetown recently and she loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Penang is like the Costa del anywhere.

It's only like that if you spend it all on Batu Ferrenghi beach. The town itself is a UNESCO world heritage site and definitely worth a day or two.

• Advertisement
Advertisement